MJResearchCo launched its first survey to gauge the sentiment amongst cannabis investors on January 13, 2022 and closed the survey January 28, 2022. We plan to make such surveys a regular occurrence.
Composition of Responders
We got great responses from a breadth of investors, including many operators and institutional investors as well as retail. Institutional investors represented 31% of the responses, non-Investing operators were 18% of responses, and Retail investors were 51%.
It is important to note that 29% of the responses invest at least $5 million, and that 11% invest more than $100 million. We can safely disclose that the orange bars in the charts below represent institutional AUM measured in the billions of dollars. It is also important to note that 12% of the responses are retail investors managing $500k-$5 million, and 2% are retail investors managing between $5 million and $100 million.
We asked the following questions:
- If you are an investor in cannabis, are you increasing your allocation to cannabis, decreasing, or keeping it the same?
- When do you expect SAFE Banking to pass federal legislation?
- When do you expect federal descheduling (and thus removal of 280E taxes?)
- When do you expect interstate commerce to be allowed?
- What is your favorite cannabis or ancillary stock for 2022 performance?
- What is your favorite cannabis or ancillary stock for the next 5 years?
- Which company has the best management team in the industry?
- Which cannabis stock do you expect to have the lowest return in 2022?
- How frequently do you consume cannabis?
- What do you think is the biggest misunderstood issue in the cannabis industry?
This final open ended optional question resulted in 57 opinions totaling over 1,000 words, shared below.
So what were the results to these questions?
Premium Members can exclusively access the results from February 10 until February 25.
Extract and Extract+Achive Members can access the results starting February 25.
Responders will receive the results on March 4.
Free Members can access the results starting on April 1.
Please note that all results are the opinions of the respondents and not MJResearchCo; we merely asked the questions, and aggregated and analyzed the answers. Please don’t shoot the messenger if you see something you don’t like.
On to the answers….